BBRC Car Raffle
Please see Rules below.
Rotary Theme: 2014 - 2015
Light Up Rotary
Hello and welcome to the Burlington Breakfast Rotary Club (BBRC) website.
We are a friendly, smaller club in District 7930. Our meetings are held every Thursday morning at 7:30 at Bickford's Grille, Cambridge Street, Burlington, MA. Being a breakfast club, the BBRC makes joining Rotary easy, cost effective, time efficient, and fun.
Our dues and meal fees are among the lowest in the District and our meetings are suited for busy individuals who cannot give up an entire morning or afternoon.
Visitors to the club and Rotarians wishing to makeup meetings are always welcome to join us for a delicious hot buffet breakfast. Please check our Calendar for weekly guest speakers and our Photo Album for service and fun events. We look forward to meeting you!
President, Burlington Breakfast Rotary Club
Car Raffle Rules
Burlington Breakfast Rotary Club Car Raffle – Official Rules - 2015
1) By submitting an entry, each purchaser acknowledges having read and agreed to abide by the below Official Raffle Rules, which can also be found on our website at burlingtonbreakfastrotary.org.
2) Each purchaser of a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years old and, if the ticket is being shared by multiple parties, the first party listed on the ticket will be deemed to be the individual responsible for paying any and all taxes if their ticket is chosen as the winner of the raffle. All federal, state and local rules shall apply to the raffle. Tickets may be purchased in person from a Burlington Breakfast Rotary Club member.
3) Once a ticket has been purchased, it is non-refundable except in event the raffle is cancelled in accordance with the raffle regulations of the Massachusetts Secretary of State. Although a ticket may be transferred, the Raffle Sponsor shall communicate only with the ticket purchaser as shown on its records until proof of the ticket transfer is provided to the Raffle Sponsor. Any transferee of a ticket must be eligible under these Rules in order to win under any drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of tickets sold. The maximum number of tickets sold is 300.
4) The winner, or primary ticket holder in the case of a shared ticket, will be responsible for paying all applicable fees and taxes associated with the prize. The winner will receive title to the car prize, subject to all applicable taxes and delivery fees. Title to the car prize will be clear of any debt or financing liens.
5) The raffle period shall run from May 21, 2015 through September 16, 2015. The drawing will be held on Thursday, September 17, 2015. Ticket purchase deadlines, and drawing dates, times and locations, may be extended or changed at the Raffle Sponsor’s discretion, subject to approval of the Massachusetts Secretary of State.
6) Each ticket purchaser will be issued a ticket that will identify the purchaser’s unique raffle ticket number(s). The original ticket stub will be retained by the raffle sponsor and entered into the drawing along with the stubs of all other tickets sold. U.S. Postal regulations prohibit the mailing of raffle tickets.
7) At the raffle drawing, the winning raffle ticket stub shall be chosen by picking it from a large container containing all ticket stubs, thoroughly mixed. The drawing shall take place at Bickford’s in Burlington, on Thursday, September 17, 2015. The winner need not be present at the drawing to win.
8.) The holder(s) of the winning ticket shall be notified by telephone and/or e-mail and Certified U.S. Mail at the address provided by the purchaser. The winning ticket number and name of the winner and their respective cities (but not addresses) shall also be placed on the club web site immediately after the drawing. This information may also be publicized in other media.
9) The winner of the drawing shall be required to provide the Raffle Sponsor with a signed statement confirming their eligibility under these Rules and applicable law, proof of age and social security number, and a release confirming the Raffle Sponsor’s permission to use the winner’s name, city, state, and likeness in media releases and other publicity.
10) What about taxes? New IRS rules apply. Please contact a tax professional for specific changes that might apply to the winning prizes. The winner will be entirely and solely responsible for paying any such taxes.
11) The prize will be awarded in its then present, “as is”, condition with a full manufacturer’s warranty. This is a new car, but may have several hundred miles on the odometer due to its transport to ticket selling venues around Middlesex County during the raffle period.
12) Purchasers of tickets, by participating in the raffle, release the Raffle Sponsor, its directors, officers, members and agents from any and all liability, loss or claim arising out of any raffle prize, expressly waive any such claim and agree that the liability, if any, of the Raffle Sponsor, its directors, officers, members and agents shall be limited to the raffle ticket price paid. In case of any dispute regarding the conduct of the raffle, the decision of the Raffle Sponsor shall be final. The courts of Middlesex County, Massachusetts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute concerning the raffle.
13) In the event that all tickets are not sold during the raffle period sales duration, the winner of the raffle will receive 50% of the proceeds of tickets sold as the final prize.
For 4th of July Parade information - please conatct Mike Runyan - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our speakers are always interesting; please check our
Calendar for the schedule.
Guests are always welcome!
Rotary Theme 2013-2014:Light Up Rotary
Gary C.K. Huang - President, Rotary International
Peter Simonsen - District Governor, District 7930
Diane Bedard - President, Burlington Breakfast Rotary Club